Heather
I ate a twinkie from the vending machine yesterday- very bad I know. The twinkie had kind of a lemony taste to it which I found unusual, so I decided to look up a little more information about this little snack. Apparently there is a consensus out there that twinkies have an indefinite shelf life. I did a little research and found that this is a myth. Here are some other fun filled twinkie facts (yes that is a pun)

Twinkies were invented in 1930
The original cream filling was banana
They have a shelf life of about 25 days
Hostess has never said how they are made- (Are they baked)
Twinkies mascot is named "Twinkie the kid" he wears a cowboy hat and scarf

You may have seen in my earlier post a photo of a twinkie wedding cake. Well I guess they are quite popular, here are some fancier twinkie cakes below. I think I may forget the traditional wedding cake and go with a twinkie cake.




1 Response
  1. Kristin Says:

    Awww...yeah. Awesome wedding cake idea!! LOL
    The Twinkie Mascot would make a sweet halloween costume. Have Don do it.


Post a Comment